While the financial rewards in a real estate sales career can be great, so can the demands on your time. Most people want to talk to you about buying or selling a home in their spare time – that is, after hours. So you need to manage your time. You need to be prepared to work some nights and weekends. You’ll also need to have completed an Agents Representative Course before you can be employed in a sales capacity in real estate and be of proven good character. The Agents Representative Courses are run by REIWA as well as other registered training providers.
If you’ve got energy, enthusiasm, determination, initiative, intelligence and a dedication to providing service, then you’re well equipped to build a successful career in real estate sales.
The duties of a sales person can include:
- appraising properties
- obtaining listings of properties for sale
- marketing property listings
- seeking out and introducing buyers
- offering advice on current real estate market conditions
- arranging and overseeing inspections
- negotiating the sale
- communication with sellers, buyers and settlement representatives.
Current Opportunities - Sales